Monday, December 19, 2011

New Workout Plan for the New Year!

As with my new meal plan, this workout plan too will start this week, with a break then when the holidays are over back at it full tilt, I am bound and determined to change my physique this year to the one I have wanted for the last 5 years, this is my year! I JUST KNOW IT!

Full Body with 2 days rest
5/5 Cadence - One set to failure (7reps, 10 for leg press)
3 mins rest between exercises
After failure push one more rep..hold for 5 secs
Target Reps 12, once reached increase weight by 10 or 10% whichever is greater
Increase rest days when hit plateau

Starting/Determining workout weight:

Do 5 reps, cadence 2/2,rest 1 min ,increase by 10lbs do 5 more, repeat until no longer able to do 5 reps. Take 70% of the last set of 5 and that is ur workout weight. Do a 5/5 cadence set with the new weight to failure after a 3 min rest


Day 1:
Leg Press
Leg Curl
Seated Calf raises
Pull Ups (assisted at first)
Abs (non cadence)
20 mins cardio (bike)

Day 2:
Shoulder Press
Bench Press
Bicep Curl
Tricep Extension
20 mins cardio (elliptical)

Rest Days: 45 mins cardio (mix of elliptical, bike, stepper, rope)

No comments:

Post a Comment