Monday, January 30, 2012

Homemade Protein Bars!

Well, I love protein bars..quick easy meal/snack....and use to buy them..always searching for the right one for the right price...however, to get anything decent you either have to eat one that has more sugar than protein or something full of artificial sweeteners and other processed ingredients...so...I decided to make my own!
I came up with the recipe by myself, and experimented with it....Below is a picture of my new favourite go to snack! Perfect for pre and post workout...So I decided to share.

Nutrition Info Per Serving:  (cost per serving is approx. $1!)
Calories : 262      
Fat: 9g
Carbs 19g
Sugar 3g
Fiber 4g
Protein 26g!

Recipe


Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
2 tbsp flax meal
5 scoops protein powder
2 tbsp cinnamon
4 squares of 80% cocoa, grated

3/4 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
6 egg whites
1/2 cup plain/unsweetened almond milk

Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl, then add in remainder ingredients, mix well.
Spread into square or rectangle baking pan, and score into 10 pieces, top with whole almonds (I used 4 per piece).
Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool and cut. Store in Airtight container..should be good for a least a week.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment