Sunday, May 15, 2011

Not just Plateau..but actually gain??!!??

I am always discussing the importance of getting the right amount of calories, and the right amount of macronutrients..a lot of ppl out there still cannot get passed the "eat more, burn more" theory and typically eat too little calories for their body. I myself always preach the importance of staying above 1200 net calories a day for women...but as I have recently learned and so may many of you, sometimes this isn't enough.
I started out on a calories/carb cycling plan..got amazing results....my calorie intake ranged from 1600-1400 net calories a day and my carbs from 230gram to 100 grams a day..at the time I was happy with the results, but then decided to change it up a little and follow a much stricter plan, based on my workout intensity.
The first week seemed okay, still losing and keeping my calories in the 1200 range.
By week two...the loss stopped, I was the same as the week before..even slightly higher, in both, weight, msmts and even BF%... chalked it up to girlie issues and kept going..after the 3rd week, the increase was noticeable and I began to worry..so I relaxed a little and took a few weeks off...
Now, when you restrict your body too much, it not only fights back, but when you give it what it wants it goes nuts in terms of putting on the weight and storing fat...so after my 2 weeks of "relaxing" I put on more than half of what I had lost, and some of my msmts were almost back to where they were at the beginning of this fat loss journey...I realized then that the 1200 net calories and the super strict carb cycling wasn't for me...and started back to the first plan....hoping that my body will readjust and take a liking to this plan like it did the first time.
The moral of this story....experiment, see what works best for you....what works for one person, doesn't necessarily work for everyone, don't get discouraged if something doesn't work, keep trucking and find what does!
I will keep you posted on the results of returning to more effective fat burning plan.

1 comment:

  1. I posted my basic meal plan under "My meal plans" and started adding my workouts to "My workouts"..Feel free to check them out! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete